Sunday, August 21, 2011

What is sexy? Emma Watson and I shared the same PoV


I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.
- Emma Watson

Well said. Honestly, people nowadays think that being sexy means that you have to wear revealing clothes, put make-up on, have that 'perfect' body to show, wearing stilettos, and more. Yes, I put on make-up (actually just powder and gloss :D) and wear heels, but it doesn't mean that I want to be viewed as 'sexy'. It's just me and LOL, people doesn't see me as 'sexy' but rather 'cute'. But you see I KNOW a lot of girls who think that they can't be themselves without wearing those. All I would say is "If you're comfortable then go. It's how you express yourself". Luckily, here in our country, there's no cases of bullying because you don't look good in their eyes. But a lot of girls here, tend to look up in their favourite actresses, singers, tv personalities and those trend-setters,and try to imitate them. I'm not saying that it's wrong but what I want to say is that, they have their own personalities, why opt to change it just to imitate your idol? Also, they said that guys tend to like girls who are thin or 'sexy'. What about those girls who are just healthy in their own ways? Just because they're like that, people would already say that they're 'fat' and even 'obese'. It's because, they're used to seeing girls who are as thin as a stick and deemed them as beautiful. 

Media, I should say, is one of the suspects on why our view in beauty changed greatly. A lot of girls suffers from bullying, anorexia and bulimia just to lose weight and to be deemed beautiful. We should be thankful and contended in our looks. Show everyone that you're confident on how you look, it would gain a positive effect not just on you but also for them. When you think you're beautiful, everyone will think of you as beautiful. Do not mind those people who say that you're ugly or hideous, they're just jealous at you and even insecure. Love who you are and be proud of yourself.

I'm no stranger when it comes to that. I'm plump and small, but I always think that I'm beautiful. Everyone who looks at me tells me how beautiful I am and I'm thankful. I've got a lot of haters too but I don't mind them. They're not a vital part of my life so whatever they say about me, I just don't mind it at all. My family and friends are always there to support me. So I may not be beautiful but I'm greatly blessed with all of those things.


0 comments:

Post a Comment